Microsoft Store

I really like Firefox. However, I just "upgraded" to Firefox 3 and am left wondering whether it's as good as claimed. First off, a few mornings my PC has been rebooted at some point during the night. I like waking up early in the morning and getting my morning reading done. This adds a few minutes of real aggravation to my morning.



Second, when this sort of thing happened (as in, Firefox closed for some reason unexpectedly), there was a "crash manager" that would ask if I wanted to restore my last session. That no longer exists in FF3.



Finally, there used to be a session manager. But that seems absent, too.



In short, I'm not so sure FF3 is markedly better than FF2. In fact, it may be worse. I cannot even name the most compelling new feature(s). (Okay, just found one -- the "type ahead" feature in the URL bar is very cool.)



FF3 seems more prone to crashing, hosing up my internet connection, and offers less convenience when something does go awry.



One last thing: My favorite extension, Tab Mix Plus, doesn't work with FF3.



So why don't I move back to FF2? I'm beginning to think I should turn back time and return to the best browser I've ever used.



Do you have any feedback on the latest version of Firefox? Let me know in the comments.



Like what you see here? Subscribe to Monkey Bytes, our free e-zine.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Please leave comments!