Microsoft Store

It's summer time and ambient temperatures are only going to rise as the summer wears on. I love the heat (not!)...and so does your computer (double NOT!!).

Here's an article on About.com that gives 11 Ways to Keep Your PC Cool.

They're sound ideas. I've made most of these mistakes before.

Most important points out of this:
  1. Clean air flow is king! Two keys here -- clean air and airflow. They rule.
  2. Airflow. I know, this was #1. It's #2, too. You want to draw cool air in and push the heated air inside the PC case out. It's a misconception that running your PC "open" works to keep it cooler. It doesn't.
  3. Dirt. I know, this was implied in #1. Dirt cakes up the fans on both the inlet and exhaust side of the airflow equation and it also gums up CPU and video card fans.
  4. Duh! Keep your PC cool by keeping it in a cooler room.
  5. Did I mention clean air flow?

0 comments

Post a Comment

Please leave comments!